5 Most Popular Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments in the Recent TimesNovember 22, 2018
Cosmetic dentistry is very popular in the UK and there are countless number of practices in London alone to provide you with the relevant services. But finding a cosmetic dentistry expert isn’t enough for you. It is, rather, important to find the right professional, who’s capable to provide the precise solutions to redefine your smile. Moreover, your cosmetic dentist should also be equally careful about your oral health and hygiene.
According to a well-known cosmetic dentistry expert in London, the most popular treatments under the category include:
- Dental implants
- Teeth whitening
- Composite bonding
- Inlays and onlays
- Oral veneers
- Dental implants: These are artificial tooth roots made from biocompatible metals like titanium. Implants offer the best solution to your missing teeth problem. Implants not only improve your smile but also work and look like the natural teeth or tooth you have lost. The post is surgically implanted into your jawbone, at the site of the missing teeth. Then an artificial crown is placed on top of it. Gradually, the biocompatible metal fuses with your surrounding jawbone.
- Teeth whitening: It is one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures. Teeth lose their natural shine and get discoloured due to different reasons. Some of these include certain medication, excessive intake of red wine or coffee, smoking or any other form of tobacco consumption and poor oral hygiene. Dentists use bleaching agents to remove the stains from your teeth.
- Composite bonding: This is a great solution to improve the appearance of your chipped, broken, discoloured or decayed teeth. A dental composite material is used in the treatment, which resembles the enamel of the tooth. It is placed and glued over the surface of your problem teeth. It is then brought to shape by your dentist using a light beam of high intensity and gradually, the solution hardens over time. As a result, composite bonding is hardly distinguishable from your surrounding teeth. It brightens up the smile and doesn’t interfere with your oral hygiene either.
- Inlays and onlays: Indirect fillings are often referred to as inlays and onlays in the world of dentistry. These are made either from composite materials or porcelain and are usually long-lasting. Inlays and onlays are often used to provide a cosmetic mask to a restored decayed tooth or teeth. Apart from decayed tooth, it is used to cover up a lot of structural issues with your teeth. The inlays and onlays are first fabricated in the lab and then put up on your teeth with help of an adhesive agent. According to an expert on cosmetic dental treatment in London, maintaining your oral hygiene is practically effortless with this range of cosmetic dentistry solutions.
- Oral veneers: Very fine shells of porcelain or composite material are cemented to the front surface of your teeth using an adhesive agent. Veneers is one of the ideal solutions to resolve the problems of cracks and chips. Even stubborn teeth stains that won’t go away on using the most powerful bleaching agent are covered up with veneers. It also comes handy to cover up gaps in between successive teeth.
Usually, cosmetic dentistry treatments are not covered by dental insurances. So, if you want to avail any of these treatments, it’s better to be very meticulous with your planning.