Best Tips On How To Start Exercising On TreadmillAugust 2, 2018
Health is wealth and exercising is good for health. Everyday exercise helps us to build up a healthy body, burn calories etc. Walking is the best way to start exercising. But every day walking on the outside is difficult, when the weather turns cold, hot or dark. In case, many runners regularly use a treadmill for their exercising. No doubt, walking or running on the treadmill helps you to lose weight.
Treadmill workout for a few minutes can help you to maintain health, running speed up, and to get a fitter and healthy body etc. There are certain things that you should know before using a treadmill. Here are the best tips on how to start exercising on the treadmill. Follow us for great treadmill workout benefits.
To make sure you are 100% ready for a great treadmill workout. You’ll need to have all the right gear and equipment to handle the indoor temperature. We recommend wearing a well fit technical T-shirt, a quality pair of shorts and your regular running shoes and making sure they are clean. Regardless of your pace, you will most likely get sweat on. Further, to consider could be a sweatband or wristbands to clean excess sweat on treadmill workout.
Warm up or Jogging on the treadmill
You will walk or jogging at a slow and easy pace for 7-10 minutes. It’s all too easy to just jump on the treadmill and start exercising, but you should allow time for a warm up. Basically, warm up helps to make sure a safe and effective exercise. Follow some steps for a good and healthy warm up. Read more and have fun exercising on the treadmill.
Step1: Start walking for 3 minutes and build it up jogging.
Step2: Start jogging for 3 minutes and build it up slow running at 3.5mph.
Step3: Start running for 2-4 minutes and cool down.
Exercising on Treadmill tips
- Don’t make too steep: Set the treadmill incline to 0% to 2%. As a beginner, it’s fine to leave the incline at 0% until you build up your fitness on the treadmill. Don’t set the incline too steep, this may lead to calf injuries. Also, don’t run at an incline of more than 2% for your entire run. Start exercising on the treadmill to reach your desired goals.
- Side Stepping: The treadmill moving slowly and you turn to the left, your right hand on the handrail and your right shoulder is facing forward. The belt moves your feet from right to left, step your right foot to the right side, and also step your left foot to the right side. Continue the sidestepping for 15 to 20 seconds. Change your face from left to right and side for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Lunge Stepping: Holding the front handrail, take a large step forward with your left leg. Bow down your left knee, lower your right knee toward the belt, then press off with your right foot and stand back up. Continue the lunge stepping forward for 30 seconds.
30-minute treadmill workout for beginner tips
Running on a treadmill allows us to train under the same conditions every day. You’re able to mix it up each day and focus on fat-burning, endurance or leg strength. Long and slow running is great for building up your base. Add some variety to your running training by including some interval training and inclines. Therefore, try out the following treadmill workout:
- 10-minute warm-up: Start Slow walking, but increases your pace in the first 10 minutes.
- 15 minutes training session: Start jogging for two minutes at 3.5 mph. runs for three minutes at 5 to 5.5 mph an easy pace to actively. This is your first interval so you shouldn’t push yourself here. After three minutes of running slow down your pace and start jogging for 3 minutes. Then Increase your speed at 6.5 mph for the next 4 minutes. Breathe deeply and again slow down it for 3 minutes. This is your second recovery interval.
- 5-minute cooldown: Maintain your normal long distance pace for the 5 minutes. Then steadily reduce your pace until you are running at the very low intensity.
This is a pre-programmed treadmill workout plan. Usually, it has a warm-up, periods of jogging and running at a higher speed or inclines with periods of recovery, and also a cool down. Hopefully, as a beginner, you learn the tips how to start exercising on the treadmill to burn calories, weight loss and make a good health.