The best battery for inverter can be a difficult find if you are not aware of what goes into making one and how to judge a battery based on your requirement. There are certain things that you need to keep in mind when purchasing a battery. In this article, we are going to look at a few of the most important factors that you should watch out for when looking for the best battery for inverter.
The way a battery is manufactured is a key indicator of the battery’s overall quality. As a layman, you might not know a lot of things which are part of the process, but knowing the basic manufacturing process helps. An inverter battery can be manufactured in 1 of 3 ways.
- HADI or High-Pressure Gravity Type Casting: This is the most modern technique of manufacturing batteries, and the best battery for inverter is made using this technique are the best in the market.
- Low-Pressure Gravity Type Casting: This is last gen technology in use by some manufacturers and is not as good as the HADI technique.
- Gravity Casting: Batteries manufactured using this technique are not the best in terms of build quality and overall service life and is only used by local manufacturers. So, if you want a high-quality battery, you should avoid opting for this.
There are multiple types of batteries available in the market. Depending on your area, whether you have frequent and fewer power cuts, or longer and fewer power cuts you can choose a battery that fits your requirement the most. As for the batteries, there are 3 types to choose from as well.
- GEL Battery: These are environment-friendly batteries that release minimal fume or harmful gases and have zero spillage risks. If you are someone who values the environment and want a battery that can handle load effectively during shorter and frequent power cuts, then a GEL battery would make a great fit.
- Tubular Battery: These are powerful batteries perfect for bigger homes with multiple heavy-duty appliances. They are a bit bulky and require more space, but its excellent load handling capacity and ability to perform exceptionally even under high temperatures makes these batteries a great choice for areas with longer and fewer power cuts.
- Flat Plate Battery: These batteries are compact and perfect for smaller homes looking for a battery that’s small on size but big on delivery. They are perfect for frequent power cuts of a shorter duration, so if you are looking for a battery that can keep you comfortable during those pesky outages but have less space to spare; the flat plate battery is an excellent choice.
Load Handling Capability
Next up, you need to figure out a battery’s load handling capability. For this, you need to look at a battery’s Ah or ampere hours. The higher the Ah of the battery, the more load the battery can handle. So, choose wisely depending on the number of equipments you have and the backup time you expect the battery to provide.
Look for these 3 things when you are out searching for the best battery for inverter and want to quickly shortlist them. Luminous has an excellent range of GEL, Tubular and Flat Plate batteries available across a range of budget and load handling capabilities, and are built using the state-of-the-art HADI technique guaranteeing longer service lives and low cost of ownership. On top of that you also get excellent customer support and after-sales service for complete peace of mind. So, if you really want nothing but an inverter battery that’s the absolute best, you should definitely check out their exhaustive list of products right away.
Remember, the best battery for inverter is the one which solves your unique power situation and we hope that this handy guide has been able to provide you some insight that will help you get the right one for your home!