Are you in need of open Outlook data in other email applications like Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, Apple Mail, etc. ? Do you want to perform Outlook PST file format conversion on your Windows computer? Read this blog to learn about the ultimate method.
Outlook is a popular email application that is used worldwide by personal and business users. But, this mailbox data is stored as the PST file which is not compatible with any other email application. So, if someone wants to export the Outlook data in another email client, they need to go through Outlook PST file format conversion.
Manually, PST file can be converted in only a few file formats using the features of Outlook. Hence, it is wise to go for a third-party solution that allows conversion of PST file into multiple types.
In this write-up, we will discuss one popular software called SysTools PST Converter. This software is capable of converting the PST file in more than ten file formats.
First of all, let us describe the method of converting the file with PST Converter Tool.
What is a PST File?
Each email account in Microsoft outlook has its database in the form of PST file i.e. Personal Storage Table file. It contains all details related to the outlook account such as emails, calendar, contacts, reminders etc. the PST file data may or may not be encrypted or compressed that depend upon the settings. The data is stored in PST file if it is standard POP3 or IMAP account, or an exchange account. on the other hand, other email clients such as Gmail has OST files.
Microsoft Outlook PST File Location
The location of the PST file of Microsoft outlook depends upon the version of the outlook installed. By default, Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 store the PST file at following location and can be accessed easily :
While for Outlook 2013 and 2016 respectively, the PST file can be located at the following location :
For windows XP users, the PST file can be located at following location :
C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\
C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\My Documents\Outlook Files\
If you are able to access outlook still on your computer, the PST file can be accessed via outlook too, in the following way :
- for Outlook 2007 and before
File-> Data File Management…
- for Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016
File-> Account Settings-> Account Settings-> tab: Data Files
Convenient Way to Convert Outlook PST File
1. Download and start PST Converter software.
2. Choose the PST file you want to convert.
3. Preview items of Outlook mailbox folders.
4. Select the file option and convert PST file data.
Learn More about PST Converter
SysTools PST Converter is the application capable of quick and secure Outlook PST file format conversion. This is a standalone program that does not need Outlook installation. The software can export both ANSI and Unicode PST file as well as any corrupted PST file.
The application supports conversion in
Documents (RTF, DOC, DOCX)
VCF (vCard) format.
Main Features of PST Converter
Now, we will have a look at the main features of this program.
- Convert All Items of Outlook: Outlook PST file saves it complete data including emails, contacts, calendars, journals, notes, tasks, etc. The software can transform all types of PST data from Outlook.
- Export Calendar and Contacts Data: To convert Calendar and contacts of Outlook, the software offers ICS and vCard (VCF) files. Besides, users can convert those data in MSG, PDF, Text, HTML, MHT, etc. formats.
- Corrupted PST File Migration: Before converting the Outlook data, the tool fix corruption issues of it. Just choose Advanced Scan option can also If you have a corrupted PST file, use Advanced Scan feature of this software. This feature will fix it first and then convert the files in chosen format. The application can also export password-protected and encrypted PST files.
- Outlook Not Needed: This converter tool is a standalone application that can export PST files. Users do not need MS Outlook or any other application to run this tool for migrating Outlook data.
- Preview Outlook Data: The software quickly scans the file and loads its data for previewing. Outlook emails are available for preview in eight different viewing modes and other Outlook items can be previewed in different formats.
- Selective PST File Conversion: Users can select individual item, folder or a date range for conversion. Thus, they can skip exporting unnecessary data and save their time.
Outlook PST file format conversion is almost mandatory for accessing PST data on Outlook. MS Outlook offers manual options to convert PST file, but those methods are lengthy and limited to only a few file types. That is why, most users like to choose PST Converter software for easy PST file export into more than ten file formats. This Windows OS compatible application is available in for demo and full version and users can choose the version according to their need.