Customer satisfaction defines how successful any business is in today’s economy. When running a B2C company, it becomes vital to keep consumers happy with your services. And delivery of products plays a huge role in this. This is why many companies are looking towards adopting delivery management systems to ensure smooth functioning across their target areas.
Imagine a wrong product is delivered to a customer, or delivery has been delayed far beyond an acceptable point. These instances can make customers lose faith in your services and ruin your brand reputation. Having good delivery management software helps avoid these small errors and saves you a lot of trouble.
The software enables companies with tools to keep track of delivery agents, track shipments, and more with a holistic vision of all delivery activities. Agents are provided with mobile applications as well, to render all information about the customer’s orders with ease. Any delivery delays can also be tracked and informed in time, to let the customer understand the reason for the delay.
To get the best delivery system possible, you need to cover all the bases and understand what your organizational needs are.
What are Delivery Management Systems?
Delivery Management software is a tool used to streamline delivery processes from start to finish. It empowers delivery agents and the end consumers, thereby promoting your business. Agents are given the ability to automate dispatch operations, pick-ups, and receive optimized routes to provide fast delivery.
On the other side, end consumers can track their packages in real-time and can avail all details of shipping on their phone. They are also provided with agent details, so they can contact the agent directly to know about the status of their shipment.
The Prominent Features of Delivery Management
To pick the best delivery software for your business, you need to understand the features of the software and define which are most important to you. Here are the most prominent features:
- Real-time vehicle tracking: The software allows for real-time tracking of delivery vehicles, which helps managers keep track of all shipments and provides heightened visibility to consumers.
- Optimized Route: This feature gives delivery agents the most optimum route to reach the customer in the shortest time, with the least roadblocks.
- Control Dashboard: The software comes with a control dashboard, which provides visualizations of all delivery operations under one screen. New shipment allocations, delivery tracking and communication, and more operations are easily available.
- Consumer Tracking: End customers can also track the vehicle and shipment status at all times, and can know exactly when their order will reach them. They also have access to delivery agents for direct communication.
- Dispatch Management: The software helps reduce manual tasks by automating dispatch. Instead of manually assigning deliveries by identifying the best agent for the job, save time and leave it to the software.
- Past Delivery History: The software also keeps records of all deliveries including Order ID, tracking number, and so on, to prevent any miscommunications.
Delivery Management Software helps companies to improve visibility, reduce costs and errors and offer consumer satisfaction. If you’re considering implementing software for your company, speak to an expert today!