Donatella Versace is a popular Italian fashion designer and a successful business woman too. Currently, she is heading “Versace” as CCO (Chief Creative Officer), which is a division of Capri Holdings.
|Brother||Santo Versace and Gianni Versace|
|Marital status||Married and Divorced|
|Husband||Paul Beck (1983-2000), Manuel Dallori (2004-2005)|
|Children||Allegra Versace (daughter) and Daniel Versace (son)|
Her father was a salesman by profession and her mother was a dress designer. She was youngest of her siblings. Tina Versace was her elder sister who died at the age of 12 due to tetanus infection.
Click here to read about Nancy Travis
In 1983, she got married with an American Paul Beck. She gave birth to 2 children, Daniel on 30th June 1986 and Allegra in 1989. They both divorced in 2000 citing personal reasons. Donatella again got married in 2004 with Manuel Dallori, but the relation could not get any longer more than 1 year.
Height and Weight
|Height (Centimetres)||168 cm. q.68 m|
|Height (Inches)||5 feet 5 inches|
|Weight (Kilograms)||55 kg, 121 Pounds|
|Date of Birth||2 May 1955|
|Birth place||Reggio di Calabria, Italy|
|Net Worth||$1 Billion|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Click here to read about Idris Elba
Early Life and Career
Donatella is one of the best known fashion designers around the world today. And this fame is not earned easily. She, and her brother, was interested into designing since their childhood. They both leant it from their mother. Donatella took admission in a university at Florence, but later followed and joined her brother in his clothing designer business. She started working in public relations department, but her brother wanted her rather focus on business analysis and growth. With time, she made relations and entered into the fashion industry. Her first launch was perfume “Versus” in 1980s. later while embracing success in her life, her brother, Gianni, was murdered in 1997. That incident was the most tragic for her. She was completely broken from inside, but was determined to carry forward his legacy. She got 20% shares of the Versace company and became its CEO (Chief Executive Officer). She made Versace a global successful brand and rose to the epitome of success.
She has designed many campaigns for popular celebrities like Madonna, Demi Moore, Jennifer Lopez, Lady Gaga, Beyonce and others.
One of her artistic creations was the “Jungle-Dress” wore by Jennifer Lopez at the 42nd Grammy Awards in 2000.
Among many of her other achievements, the most popular are
- Palazzo Versace Australia Resort in Queensland, Australia
- Burj-al-Arab in Dubai, UAE
- Palazzo Versace Dubai
On Magazine Covers
Donatella has been featured on the front page of many leading magazines.
List of magazines which featured Donatella on their hotspot :
- Post Magazine
Click here to read about Lizzo
- Donatella has been seen and featured in many movies related to fashion industry, such as Zoolander.
- She has been humorously mimicked by Maya Rudolph several times.
- Lady Gaga has dedicated a song to her in 2013.
- She has been portrayed by Angelina Jolie in “The Man Who Killed Versace”.
- She dyed her hair blonde just at the age of 11.
- She was a big fan of Patty Pravo, an Italian singer.
She has received many awards and honors :
|FGI Superstar Award||2008|
|Woman of the Year (Glamour)||2010|
|Fashion Designer of the Year (Glamour)||2012, 2016|
|VH1 Do Something Awards||2010|
|Fashion Icon of the Year||2017|
|Designer of the year (GQ)||2018|
|Fashion Icon Award||2018|
As on April 2020, Donatella net worth of whopping $ 1 billion. She is also a stakeholder in her company Versace.
Click here to read about Sophie Mudd
Social Media Instagram
Donatella Instagram account has more than 5 million followers worldwide.
View this post on Instagram
- To fight against pandemic COVID-19, she, along with her daughter Allegra, has recently made a donation of 200,000 euros to Milan’s San Raffaele hospital.
- Her favorite book is “The Mueller Report.”
- Named as brand ambassador for “Stonewall” – a charity organization that fight for the rights of LGBTQ+.
- Last year in 2019, she purchased a luxury 50 room villa cum lake house in northern Italy for whooping $ 5.6 million to spend vacations.
- Collaborated with “Sarah Baker” for the second edition of British magazine “Baroness”.