Honestly, on New Year’s Eve, I don’t think that any of us were prepared for what drastic lifestyle changes we’re about to rock our world in 2020. When the pandemic hit us like a ton of bricks, so much was still unknown. How could we be like our ancestors who survived an epidemic and lived to tell about it? Times have certainly changed. You remember when your great-granddaddy would tell you stories, “Back in my day, we had to walk bare-foot through 6ft of snow…just to get to the schoolhouse.” Of course, we didn’t feel the woes of frost-bitten toes, the contributing factors will always be the same. However, how we choose to handle these events are constantly evolving. It’s no different when it comes to protective gear. Don’t fall for the tomfoolery. It’s time to upgrade to a washable face mask.
Let’s face it. The regular disposable face masks we’ve grown accustomed too can be made better. And with the rise of reusable washable face masks available today, it definitely appears to be the more sensible choice. The cost of the disposable masks, the number of times you must replace these once sterile masks, it’s just a bit too much of an investment.
So, in this post, I want to talk about reusable face masks. We will weigh the pros and cons to these specific masks because the way things are going, these are beginning to look like the “in” thing to wear. So, let’s take a look at why a washable face mask is the best option for most people when choosing and purchasing a new mask.
Nothing Could Prepare Us For the Year, 2020
So far, 2020, has been an absolutely unreal year. How could we have known that 2019 would seem to eons away? And when the recommendation of masks to stop a virus came into play, no one could have realized that the people that need them the most will be the first responders. So, where would that leave the rest of the general public? Surely, there had to be a way.
When you look at the big picture, who would have thought that not only would there be a better more breathable option, but more fashion-forward by design?
After all, if you have to wear a mask, why not wear one that suits your personality? That’s why I would compare the washable face mask to the latest styles of water bottles out there. They are catering to our wants and needs more than ever before. It’s pretty awesome that we can even do so with a mask.
What’s more, these face masks are 100% reusable. So, there is no need to worry that you may run out of disposable masks due to the shortage.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re traveling by air, bicycle, train, car, or just walking around. The washable face mask is an essential travel accessory in today’s day and age.
Benefits of a Washable Face Mask
There are actually more benefits than people may realize when they decide to purchase a washable face mask. Of course, this is going to help the fight against COVID-19. When you wear a mask, you’re protecting others as well as yourself. But there are a few other reasons that people around the world don’t even know about. Not to mention, the benefits that people do not commonly know. Perhaps, this is because this trend in facial protective gear is so new to us at this time. But, fret not! Below, we will go over some of the things that many people don’t know the various reasons they should use a washable face mask. Plus, we will go over the benefits that you get from investing in a reusable face mask.
Reasons to Purchase and Wear a Washable Face Mask
- They are completely washable! You can put these in the washing machine after each use. This is not only a great step towards caring for the environment, but it’s also an awesome way to save money.
- Washable means that they are definitely reusable.
- They are made of cotton, fabric, or both.
- The best come with a non-rusting flexible metal insert to seal around your nose
- Adjustable ear-loops. (Generally made of elastic. This will ensure that the mask is going to fit snug around your face.
- The best option for people who aren’t working in the medical professional field.
Benefits of the Best Washable Face Masks
- Better, breathable alternative. ( You must continue to cover your cough with your elbow.)
- The filtration of inhalation of air will reduce the risk of inhaling germs.
- You can hand wash them with soap and water.
- You can you ready for the weeks ahead, it doesn’t matter what.
- Reduce the chance of breakouts and acne from wearing this type of fabric mask.
- Takes the need for N95 masks off of the general public.
Final Thoughts on a Washable Face Mask
When you choose to invest in a washable face mask, you’re going to feel like you can finally breathe. There’s no need to look anywhere else. Once you set your sights on the most “in” way to cover your face without a face covering and you know that there’s no reason to be. You never feel the frustrations of a regular mask again.