When it comes to small businesses, they are mostly running low on budget. They don’t want to invest a lot in the beginning.
This is why they go with some cost-effective yet solid marketing techniques like mobile marketing. They take adequate help from push notifications in the form of both iOS and Android push notifications to get their job done.
But there are some people that aren’t fully aware of mobile marketing. They still consider traditional advertisements as the best way to attract the audience.
Well, if you are one of them, here is a complete guide on how mobile marketing helps small businesses to attract new customers.
- Helps to Reach a Mass Audience: According to “Datareportal” currently, there are more than 5.20 million unique mobile phone users in the world. This accounts for 67% of the total world population.
It means mobile marketing provides you an opportunity to target a mass audience from around the world and that too within seconds. It doesn’t matter which part of the world your audience resides. You can reach them and motivate them to pay a visit to your platform anytime you want.
This is so because mobile phones are something that most people like to carry with them all the time. This is why you can expect the opening of a message from your audience, the moment they receive it.
- Push Notifications: Simply reaching the audience is not going to pay you. You have to convince them to open and see your message. This is where mobile push notifications help you with.
It doesn’t matter whether the audience is having an Android or iOS platform. You can send both iOS and Android push notifications anytime you want.
The thing is, push notifications provide you with the ability to use rich media. You can send notifications containing images, videos, gifs, emojis, graphics, and so on. This will create an eye-catchy effect and motivates the audience to open and read them. Thus your chances of sales increase.
Moreover, push notifications provide you with segmentation and personalization. This means you can segment your audience on the basis of age, gender, region, educational background, etc. This will provide you with the ability to target the right audience.
You can also use personalization to further increase the effect of push notifications on your audience. The thing is, chances of sales are high when you provide your audience with suggestions about various items that they were particularly interested in.
Moreover, they are automated in nature, so you need not worry all the time. They will be triggered automatically on a timely basis.
- Social Media is on Mobile: According to “Datareportal”, currently, there are more than 4.14 billion active social media users in the world. This is 53% of the total world population. But the fact that we are interested in is the presence of these users on mobile.
Of these 4.14 billion, more than 4.08 billion users are accessing various social media platforms through their mobile phones. This means you can easily attract a mass audience to your platform by taking the help of mobile marketing.
You can share your business easily using Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and so on. These social media platforms are those platforms that not only help you to make new connections but also come with flexible advertisement plans. You can easily go with the one that suits you the best as per your need and budget.
- Location-based Marketing: When it comes to small businesses, the best thing that you can do is to go with location-based marketing. This is where you can make a solid presence in the local market.
The thing is, if you are having a mobile app, you can easily take the help of geofencing techniques to target mobile users in a specific area. This can be evident from the fact that according to “Factual.com” 80% of the marketers say that location-based marketing leads to an 85% increase in customer base, 83% increase in response, and 83% increase in customer engagement.
- App-based Marketing: With the advent of technology, things are changing at a rapid pace and so do technology. These days the audience is showing interest in using mobile apps. In fact, most of the audience likes to spend a lot of time using apps.
You can go with app-based marketing to bring new customers to your platform. If you are having a dedicated mobile business app, it is good. If don’t, there is no need to worry as you can still reach the audience through services like Google AdMob. This gives you an opportunity to place your ads within third-party apps.
Conclusion: When it comes to attracting new customers to your platform, there is no match for mobile marketing. It provides you the ability to reach every corner of the world instantly. What you need to do, is to develop a solid mobile marketing strategy and you will be able to attract a new audience while remaining within your budget limits.
Author Bio: Wonderpush provides you an opportunity to use mobile marketing to your advantage. It provides you with both iOS and Android push notifications that you can use to attract new customers.