Mobile phones offered at a promo or discount comes with a dupe sounding contract – get stuck to a single network provider! You probably have a network-locked Asus phone, that’s why you landed on this page. You love your phone, yet you hate your network carrier. You are skeptical at first. But yes, you can unlock Asus phones and enjoy unlimited network freedom legally.
Manufacturers, as well as wireless network companies, usually use restrictions to brand new phones as part of profit realization and company protection. Sounds fair, but arguably inconvenient and limiting for end users. No matter how reasonably sounding the terms, it is still a headache when you are tied to a single network.
If you want to travel across the pond and have to use a different SIM card, your phone becomes useless. When the signal connectivity in your area is bad, your phone becomes useless too. It is perfectly legal to unlock Asus phone line to a competing carrier provided you meet the requirements needed per se. Read on to learn how.
Check If Your Asus Phone Is Locked
The sales contract stipulates the terms and conditions upon purchase. This includes your sim blockade. But if you bought the phone second-hand, you want to make sure it is compatible with other carriers. Asus phones are GSM compatible, which means they have SIM cards that you can easily replace. But, is it locked?
Run a test by inserting SIM cards from different network providers if available. A locked phone won’t connect any two different SIM cards, it’s locked.
Alternatively, you can check your network compatibility in your phone’s setting. Tap on Settings> Cellular/Mobile Network > Network Operators > Search Networks.
The result will yield a list of compatible networks. A locked phone has only one provider on the list. However, the test may not always be reliable as network connections may not always display connectivity depending on the signal. Go back to your first option.
A Guide To Unlock Asus Phones
SIM blockade does not only occur in postpaid phone plans. Prepaid phones are also haunted by this feature as a form of the company’s financial investment. Hence, if you don’t want to wait any longer for the unblocking, or termination of the contract, you can use third-party service to unlock Asus phones.
There are third-party services that provide legal and reliable service on phone unblocking. The good thing about them is that you can unlock phones from the comfort of your home. It also does not need any cable or software to run. All you have to do is to follow the instructions on the website.
Before proceeding to the website, you will need the following information from your phone:
- IMEI Number. IMEI or International Mobile Equipment Identity number is your unique identification number. It identifies devices as well as cell networks that can connect with your phone. Your Asus phone needs this number to unlock.
Dial *#06# on your phone. The 15-digit number is your IMEI number. Note this down.
- Phone model and build number. You can find this on the About page of your phone. When you fill out your order form, you need this information.
After gathering this information, you can start filling the form:
- On your browser, search for Cellunlocker.net.
- Click Unlock Phones. You will be able to see the list of phone brands. Select Asus. Select the model from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select your current network carrier. Click Unlock.
- Fill out the form with the correct information and place your order.
- You will then receive an email containing your code and instructions on how to unlock Asus phones.
How To Choose The Best Website To Unlock Asus Phones?
There are a lot of websites offering services to unlock your phone. This is where you need your prudent judgment. Unfortunately, some will just rip you off your money without delivering successful service. The best website will:
- Unlock your phone from any carrier.
- It has the most reasonable price.
- Unlock your phone from the comfort of your home.
- Uses the official unlocking method that service providers also use.
- It does not violate and void the warranty of your contract and line plan.
- Has a 24/7 online inquiry staff for your concerns.
- Offers a money-back guarantee.
Is it Legal To Unlock Asus Phones?
We know you are skeptical about violations and the legal implications of unlocking your phone to other carriers. Unlocking your phone action is legal since the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) has expired in 2015. It is an Act that prohibits the removal of the network carrier lock. It was enforceable only from 2013 to 2015 and was not revised. Therefore, the said act is inexistent.
Your phone company can even unlock the phone for you before the termination of your contract. That is if you meet the requirements like full payment and good credit standing.
The best thing about having your phone unlocked is the freedom of using it wherever you go and whatever network you choose. If you have the choice, never buy phones from a network provider. Buy contract-free phones, and never get stuck to a single-carrier ever again.