What happens to the emails when you delete it from Outlook? Do you know you can recover deleted emails from Outlook 2019? If no, then you are at the perfect place. Here, in this write-up, we are going to help you recover permanently deleted emails from Outlook without losing any attributes. Simply go through the whole write-up to understand more.
Outlook 2019 is the latest version of the Microsoft email client application – Outlook. Most users prefer Outlook because of its simplified interface packed with powerful email management capabilities. Mainly, it is used to send/receive emails but also acts as a personal information manager. It stores all the mailbox items including emails, attachments, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, and journals in a PST file. When the emails get deleted from Outlook, it actually still remains in the PST file. However, shift-deletion leads to permanent loss of email messages. But, there are ways to even retrieve these emails i.e., methods to recover deleted emails from Outlook 2019 and older versions such as 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and 2003 respectively.
Data loss issue in Outlook generally occurs due to accidental deletion of data. Some other causes can be intentional deletion but requiring it in future, corrupted PST file, virus attacks, and human mistake. But whatever, the reason is, whatever the state of the file is, we have come up with a way that can restore both normal and permanently deleted emails instantly. Go through the next section to know exactly how to recover normally deleted emails followed by the recovery of permanently lost data.
Recover Deleted Emails from Outlook Manually
In this section, we are going to discuss the retrieval of emails that were normally deleted from your Outlook application.
The deleted email could be stored from any of the following locations :
- Deleted Items
- Recoverable Items
- In a backup location
To recover the email from these locations, follow the steps as explained :
- Open Outlook and look for the Deleted Items folder.
- All normally deleted emails will be present here. Simply select the mail(s) that you wish to restore and click the Restore button.
- Else, Right-click and select Move. Then, select the folder in which you want to restore the deleted mail(s).
It’s that easy!! However, if you have shift-deleted the data, or emptied your Deleted Items folder already, no problem, you can still recover the emails. Simply follow the given steps:
in Outlook 2016 :
- Open Outlook and select Deleted Items folder
- Select Folder from the top menu
- Click on option Recover Deleted Items
- Now select the mail(s) that you want to restore and click Recover Selected Items.
in Outlook 2013:
- Open the outlook and click on Deleted Items
- Select Home button at the top, and click on Recover Deleted Items from Server button
- Select your deleted email(s) and choose to Restore Selected Items
- Click OK
If Recover Deleted Items from Server option isn’t available, then your account may not support recovering deleted Outlook email(s) that are no longer present in Deleted Items folder.
in Outlook 2010:
- Open Outlook and select Deleted Items folder
- On the top menu, click Recover Deleted Items button
- Select the deleted Outlook email(s) and click on Recover Selected Items button.
in Outlook 2007:
- Open Outlook and select the folder from where you deleted Outlook email
- Now, select Tools and then, Recover Deleted Items button
- All your deleted emails will be displayed now
- Select the required email message and hit Recover Selected Items button and you are done.
in Outlook 2003:
- Open Outlook program and open Deleted Items folder
- On the top navigation panel in the Tools menu, select Recover Deleted Items option
Is the Manual Way Not Working?
If the data was lost due to corruption, this method would not work. Also, there is an actual retention period, after which the deleted items are purged permanently from all Outlook folders. So, the manual method will not work as there is no visible data to recover. But no need to worry. Fortunately, the technology always seems to break barriers that would once seem impossible. With trustworthy third-party tools, recovery of deleted emails from Outlook 2019 is easy to execute.
Recover using an Automated Tool – SysTools Outlook Recovery
Probably the most effective way to recover Outlook deleted emails and even other mailbox items are to use an automated tool. But not all software can do the task as efficiently and effectively as the SysTools Outlook Recovery tool. It can recover PST file without any obstruction. Proudly placed among the top brands of email recovery, this tool can restore complete data from Outlook PST irrespective of the Outlook version.
Step by Step Guide to Recover Deleted Emails from Outlook 2019
Step 1: Launch SysTools Outlook Recovery and hit the Add File button to choose PST files for recovery.
You can both search for a PST file if you are unaware of its location with the Search button or select it manually.
Step 2: All the added mailbox items will be displayed on the software interface.
Step 3: Choose PST format (Outlook 2019) and click on Advance Settings.
Step 4: Apply data filters, categories to recover, and PST split option and click Save.
Step 5: Provide the location to save the PST file and click on Export button.
Once the PST file is saved, you will receive a notification.
Its Time to Conclude
The article offers the best methods to recover deleted emails from Outlook 2019 and its older versions. These methods will help you restore all your lost data, normal or permanently deleted, in an efficient manner. However, if the email retention period is expired, the manual method will become useless. Therefore, in such cases, you can opt for SysTools Outlook Recovery. This tool can recover deleted emails irrespective of the cause of deletion. It can also repair Outlook PST file without the requirement of MS Outlook installation.