Over the years, SalesForce has wholly revolutionized the face of CRMs in the market. It is the best CRM for modern business as it uses cloud computing technology and robust DevOps practices. With the help of an assessment, companies can get an idea as to where they stand in the DevOps process. The Salesforce Lightning feature has been embraced by most of its users, and since its launch, it has been an enormous success. The number of Salesforce customers are embracing the advantages of DevOps to customize their software as a SaaS application. Businesses that revolve around marketing records, and customers need to rely on robust DevOps processes to boost enhanced customer experiences.
Several organizations are using Salesforce that is agile, and they admit they release codes into its environment many times in a day. Others thank Salesforce DevOps processes as they can make desired changes in as little time as one day. In short, it can be said that these companies’ ambitions are indeed high, and Salesforce helps them achieve their goals and better ROI faster.
Also Read Disruptive Technologies That Will Transform Industry
Cloud computing, the Salesforce platform, and the modern business
Cloud computing refers to the model that allows you to manage, store, and process data or applications online with the Internet. The following are the significant traits of cloud computing services-
- Services on demand– you use the service when you need it
- Network access- Here, you use the Internet as a medium to access the data or the application.
- Multiple clients can use shared resources- The platform pools a lot of resources together and them
- Scalability- This feature allows the elasticity of business resources
What are the 3 delivery models for cloud computing?
Cloud computing offers use different services in the form of three delivery models that are in the order as follows-
Let us look at them one by one
SaaS -This refers to Software as a Service. Given below are its salient features-
- It gives you on-demand pay for use for application software to end-users.
- It is independent of the platform; you do not have to install the software on your computer or any device to use it.
- You do not have to pay subscriptions for its use, like programs with licenses that need to be purchased.
- The Cloud will run only one instance of the software, and this is why it is available for multiple users across the globe.
- Generally, the DevOps processes are well planned and efficient. The SF DevOps process is an example in this context. The team ensures that manual tasks are automated and released by a single team. The company does not need to waste time maintaining separate teams for software development and infrastructure management activities like code testing, scalability, and more.
- Cloud computing with this feature is very cheap, and the vendor purchases all the resources needed for the effective management of the platform.
- The server can be accessed through the Internet or client applications that are lightweight
- The end-user always uses SaaS.
- Salesforce is an excellent SaaS platform and others like Google Ecosystem like Google Docs, Google Drive, Microsoft Office 365, HR Helpdesk, and more.
Advantages of SaaS
The advantages of the SaaS service-
- make it universally accessible from any place or platform,
- ideal for collaborative working,
- no need to commute to the office allows the benefits of multi-tenancy, and the vendor gives you decent software tools.
Disadvantages of SaaS
When it comes to the cons of such a service-
- browser and portability issues might arise
- Internet controls performance
- compliance restrictions.
PaaS – This refers to Platform as a Service. It has an environment for the execution of programming language, an OS, database, and the web server.
The following are the main features of the PaaS platform –
- Users can encapsulate the environment for building, compiling, and running their programs without tensions about the underlying infrastructure.
- Users manage the data and the resources of the application, whereas the vendor, in this case, Salesforce, for instance, manages the other resources.
- PaaS is an excellent platform for developers. Some examples of companies using the PaaS platform besides Force.com are AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Heroku, Windows Azure, and others.
Advantages of the PaaS platform
- It is scalable and offers rapid development at a cost-effective price
- Developers can launch their apps faster in the market
- Web applications can be deployed quickly.
- Both public or private deployment is possible
Disadvantages of the PaaS platform
- The developers are restricted to the tools and the languages of the providers
- There are migration issues like risks of vendor lock-in.
IaaS – This refers to as Infrastructure as a Service. The salient features of the IaaS platform are-
- You get the computing architecture and infrastructure. Users can enjoy all the resources they need for computing but in a virtual environment. Multiple users can access them, and resources include virtualization, storage of data, servers, and networking.
- Most vendors are accountable for the management of the above resources. The user is responsible for managing other resources like middleware, data, run time, and applications.
- IaaS is generally used by system admins, developers, and the end customers. Examples of companies that use IaaS are Amazon EC2, GoGrid, and others.
Advantages of IaaS platforms
- The infrastructure is provided to you by the Cloud
- Supports dynamic workloads better because of the enhanced scalability
- IaaS is a flexible platform.
- There might be security issues
- Delays in service and network
With Salesforce and cloud computing, businesses of all sizes can save a lot of money and boost maximum productivity. It improves collaboration and boosts innovation. The biggest advantage of cloud computing is that it is compatible with any device, and you do not have to be present in the office to access your CRM and business apps. You can access tools and resources from any place of any type. The only things you need are your device and an Internet connection.