Social Media optimization is the process of optimizing your sites through social media platforms like social media tools such as social networking websites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, BlogSpot, Flicker, YouTube etc. Its is to be found by the right audience though the social media platforms.
Now a days people are very comfortable with the social media tools .
SMO includes activities like content submission (article submission ,press release) ,video submission, blog Posting, PPT Submission, Social book Marking, Social Network marketing, Forum Posting. Learn more about Social Media Optimization (SMO)
Benefits of Social Media optimization
- Online presence
- Reach to targeted audience
- Engage your customers
- Cost effective
- Branding your products to right customers.
- Increase your ROI
Rules For Social Media Optimization (SMO)
- Easy Tagging and bookmarking
- Increase “link-ability”
- Reward inbound links
- Encourage the mash-up
- BE transparent for style of posts
- Choose your SMO strategies wisely
- Reward to your valuable customers
Platform to be used for social media
Now a days face book is the most popular platform of social media marketing. We can advertise through face book likewise traditional ways such as television ,radio or print. we can promote our brand by making ads .we can utilize and optimize and promote our brands by driving traffic towards it. Strategies for facebook advertising :
- Always consider the effectiveness of post by keeping some factors such as length and timing of post .By this we can reach large number of face book users.
- Increase Network size , achieved by analyzing user behavior like when to post and which type of content to post.
- You can also buy paying facebook to advertise a post.
Twitter enables organizations to advance their IT products in short messages known as tweets, constrained to 140 characters which show up on Followers Home timelines. Tweets can contain content, Hashtag, photograph, video, Animated GIF, Emoji, or connections to the item’s site and other web-based social networking profiles, etc. Twitter is additionally utilized by organizations to give client service. Some organizations make bolster accessible every minute of every day and answer quickly, in this manner enhancing brand dependability and appreciation.
- Linkedin help to target b2b audience which can generate leads which will help for market research and sales .
- We can promote our brand or create brand using linkedin .
- We can create add which will help us to target our b2b audience.
- Create show case pages that are sub pages which will help to promote associate brands products or services.
- You can use linkedin as SEO tool even if you don’t have B2b brand.
- Post at least twice a week. Limit daily posts to 3 per day.
- Use hashtag for branding
- Always tag relevant people to promote your products.
- With instagram you can target B2C audience.You can use feature of live streaming to engage audience.
- Always keep the post short and interesting. Try to include images and GIF and video which will help to grab more targets.
- Unlike LinkedIn and Facebook, feel free to post any number of posts.
- You can promote your video to wide audience.
- You can promote video after optimizing it, distributing or sharing your video to different social platform and you can also share that video to large groups or community.
- Create your channel to show more videos to keep long term relation with viewers.
- Ask your visitors to like ,comment and share your channel.
- Start video commenting of same niche.